How do you expect kids to listen to their parents when…
* Tarzan lives half naked,
* Cinderella comes home at midnight,
* Pinocchio lies all the time,
* Aladdin is the king of thieves,
* Batman drives at 200 mph,
* Romeo and Juliet commit suicide out of love,
* Harry Potter uses witchcraft,
* Mickey and Minnie are more than just friends,
* Sleeping Beauty is lazy,
* Dumbo gets drunk and hallucinates,
* Scooby Doo gives nightmares,
* and Snow White lives with 7 guys.
*Spider-Man and super man, superficial so called “heroes” with magical
powers from animals and stones, these are the heroes you want for your
children to become obsessed with!!
* And the infamous horrid Henry needs no introduction he doesn’t
exactly set an example of obeying his parents or love for you brother
what you love for yourself!!
We shouldn’t be surprised when they misbehave, they get it from their
storybooks and cartoons!
We should instead be teaching them stories like
Prophet Muhammad (صلی الله عليه وسلم ) and Khadija (رصي الله عنها)’s pure love,
Prophet Muhammad (صلی الله عليه وسلم ) and Aisha رضي الله عنها)’s
sweet acts of love,
Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه)’s loyalty and undying service for his master,
Umar ibn Khatthab (رضي الله عنه)’s love for justice and tolerance,
Uthman ibn Affan (رضي الله عنه)’s level of shyness, modesty and
passion for giving charity,
Ali ibn Abi-Talib (رضي الله عنه)’s show of courage and bravery,
Khalid ibn Waleed (رضي الله عنه)’s desire of combating evil,
Fatima bint Muhammad (رضي الله عنها)’s love and respect to her father,
Sallahuddin Al-Ayubi (رحمه الله)’s conquest of the promised land,
and much much more…
Above all, we should teach them about:
-Allah (سبحانه و تعالى),
-and the Sunnah!